Good Governance Africa (GGA) is an independent and registered non-proﬁt organisation with the aim of promoting better governance in Africa and thereby helping to improve the lives of all citizens.
GGA also seeks to build a bridge between government and the private sector in all African countries, while strengthening civil society and promoting grassroots democracy.
GGA’s social media strategy includes creating engaging content, ensuring that our social media channels are continually updated and focused, as well as seeking out new social media avenues and ways of connecting with our members, academics and decision-makers.
To this end we require the services of an enthusiastic social media coordinator, who will work with our Multi Media All-Rounder across our Publications, Programmes and Development Departments to create and manage GGA’s social media presence.
JOB TITLE: SOCIAL MEDIA COORDINATOR
- Proficient in WordPress and Wordmaster or related affiliate programmes
- Proficient in the management and analysis of SEO (Search Engine Optimisation) and Google Analytics
- Knowledge of social media opportunities and trends
- Strong communication skills
- Detail orientated
- Manage company social media channels, including Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, and other relevant platforms
- Engage in social media presence creation on new and emerging social media platforms
- Optimize content following search engine optimization (SEO) and Google Analytics
- Create content that promotes audience interaction, increases audience presence on company sites, and encourages audience participation
- Community management and monitoring across various social media platforms
- Analyse and report audience information and demographics, and success of existing social media projects
- Propose new ideas and concepts for social media content
- Manage social media communications
- Use timelines and scheduled content to create a consistent stream of new content for audience interaction while analysing, managing, and altering schedules where necessary to optimize visits
- Uploading of content onto GGA website utilising WordPress
- Monitoring and analysis of web traffic
- Propose options and ideas to promote web traffic
- Position is available immediately
- Based in Rosebank, Johannesburg
- Package negotiable
- Successful applicants must have a valid South African work permit and necessary residency or citizenship requirements
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
To apply, applicants must submit the following documentation to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- A covering letter
- Curriculum Vitae with 3 referees and evidence of work/portfolio
- Proof of identity – valid ID document or passport
- Copy of qualifications