Good Governance Africa (GGA) is an independent and registered non-proﬁt organisation with the aim of promoting better governance in Africa and thereby helping to improve the lives of all citizens.
GGA also seeks to build a bridge between government and the private sector in all African countries, while strengthening civil society and promoting grassroots democracy.
GGA’s media strategy includes the production of text, images, video and audio for our website and social media platforms.
To this end we require the services of a creative mid/heavyweight Multimedia Producer with at least 5 – 7 years’ experience to drive our digital expansion programme.
This position requires multimedia production skills, to turn concepts into reality, generate great visionary ideas and take them through to quality final products. The candidate must be creative, visionary, organised, well-connected in the industry and understand all aspects of production from development through to final edit.
A degree from an accredited university in the film, communications or related subject is required, as well as editing and art direction experience, plus the necessary technical skills. Key focus areas of this role include conceptualisation, shooting and editing videos, the production of podcasts, as well as some graphic design skills.
JOB TITLE: MULTIMEDIA PRODUCER
- Mid/Heavyweight with a minimum of 5 – 7 years of video and digital media production
- Proficiency in graphic design
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Cloud
- Proficient in the use of Content-Management Systems
- A background in news/media producing multimedia content
- Previous experience working with non-profit organisations and academia a plus
- Preparation of storyboard concepts and scripts for multimedia pieces, including podcasts and videos
- Research and development of story ideas
- Development of production plans and scheduling for assigned projects
- Monitoring and management of multimedia productions from start to finish
- Post final edits across online and social media platforms
- Creation of graphical material for marketing and editorial purposes
- Remaining updated with latest techniques, web trends and production technologies
- Adobe Creative Cloud Certification
- Proficient in WordPress
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Cloud, particularly Audacity, Premiere Pro and Photoshop, InDesign as well as Microsoft Word, Excel etc.
- Knowledge of videography, editing, pre- and post-production techniques and equipment
- Bachelor’s degree or certification in Video Production, Broadcast Journalism, Film, Communications, or related field
- Five to nine years minimum of video producing/production and digital media experience, particularly social media, web master and proven storytelling and brand journalism skills
- Commencement ASAP
- Based in Rosebank, Johannesburg
- Successful applicants must have a valid South African work permit and necessary residency or citizenship requirements
- Salary packages will be negotiated with suitable candidates
To apply, applicants must submit the following documentation to firstname.lastname@example.org
- A covering letter;
- Curriculum Vitae with 3 referees and evidence of work/portfolio;
- Proof of identity – valid ID document or passport;
- Copy of qualifications