Good Governance Africa (GGA) is an independent nonprofit organisation that works to improve government performance in Africa through research and advocacy. GGA produces two main publications, a bi-monthly journal called Africa in Fact and an annual statistical compendium on all African countries called the Africa Survey, as well as other project outputs.
GGA seeks to appoint Researchers based in Johannesburg.
The successful candidates will work on the production of both of GGA’s main publications as well as on one or more research projects relating to natural resources, land reform, policy analysis, quantitative and qualitative data management and statistical analysis.
Start Date: As soon as possible
- Research about mineral resources in Africa
- Write research reports, concept documents and articles for publication
- Participate in field research design and implementation
- Project management of research output
- Engage various stakeholders in mineral resources and land reform
- Quantitative and Qualitative data management and statistical analysis
- Focus on data analysis for different projects and publications
- Contribute to broader organisational strategy and promotion of the GGA
- Contribute to the dissemination of knowledge-based products and outputs
- Occasionally travel to other African countries from time to time
- Degree in research or related field
- Excellent analytical and writing skills
- Very strong critical thinking and research capabilities
- Extensive experience with MS Office, especially Microsoft Excel
- Experience and track-record of research in mineral resources, land policy, legal framework of mining etc.
- Acquaintance with quantitative and qualitative data and statistics
- experience in data management and statistical analysis as demonstrated by documented research outputs
- Fluency in English (mother-tongue or equivalent)
- Knowledge of an African language spoken extensively on the continent
To apply, applicants are kindly requested to submit the following documentation to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- A covering letter
- Curriculum Vitae with 3 referees and evidence of work/portfolio
- Proof of identity – valid ID document or passport
- Copy of qualifications
- Salary packages will be negotiated with suitable candidates.